Motorola Solutions introduces its new SL Series of DMR radios, which includes as the thinnest and lightest UHF digital handportable yet.
Designed to meet communication needs in industries such as hospitality, services, security and airlines, these radios offer a long list of advanced features, including
- a rugged, high-resolution colour display with a built-in photo-sensor which adjusts the brightness to suit the ambient lighting;
- dual speakers and an Intelligent Audio feature, which automatically adjusts the radio’s volume according to the environment;
- Integrated Bluetooth, allowing users to connect wireless audio accessories, or to exchange data with devices such as barcode scanners, mobile computers or mobile printers;
- built-in voice announcements which deliver loud, clear confirmation of channels, zones and programmable buttons. Three programmable option buttons allow up to nine favourite features to be programmed for easy access;
- vibrating alert, a covert mode and an integrated antenna designed to optimize range.
The SL Series is supported by a wide choice of accessories, including earpieces, chargers and carrying accessories, and by what is claimed to be the industry’s largest portfolio of data applications, such as work order ticket management, email, dispatch, network monitoring and telephone interconnect.
“Motorola Solutions’ customers in many markets, including management and customer-facing staff, wanted a lightweight and compact radio – one that can easily be worn under a jacket for discreet use, but that looks good and is easy to use”, commented Jeff Spaeth, corporate vice president for radio products and accessories at Motorola Solutions.
“They wanted a large, simple-to-read display to help improve texting and access to applications such as work-order ticket management. We designed the SL Series to meet these needs and help customers collaborate and communicate more efficiently.”